Insight Recognised in Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services
Insight provides end-to-end capabilities to optimise cloud migration, FinOps and use of cloud-based applications over time.
SYDNEY, NSW, November 1, 2021 — Insight Enterprises (Nasdaq: NSIT), the global provider of Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ that maximise the value of IT, has been recognised among 11 leading global providers in the Gartner® 2021 Magic Quadrant™ for Software Asset Management (SAM) Managed Services. Insight believes this recognition validates the company’s all-in-one ability to help organisations not only maintain traditional software license compliance but more importantly, better manage the economics of cloud consumption and optimise workloads across multi-cloud and edge environments.
Gartner defines SAM managed services as an employment of the provider’s proprietary SAM skills and methodologies to transform a client’s existing processes and augment their resources. Gartner predicts in the report, “Through 2023, the software asset management managed services market will continue to grow at 20% compound annual growth rate due to client challenges managing multiple environments and employing expertise.”
“Now more than ever, companies need more effective tools that provide them actionable insights and the flexibility to optimise the mission-critical software that delivers it,” said Pat Murphy Executive General Manager – Australia & New Zealand | Insight. “This need will only grow as companies process even more data using technologies like the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence — the edge requires specific software to draw useful analytics supporting an organisation’s strategic goals, and the needs continually change with the business.
“As companies figure this out, they’re also getting a grip on the best use of their cloud spend based on what they have in their data centre and workload size. It’s no longer a matter of simply managing software or cloud services to safeguard against compliance issues and runaway costs. It’s the need for scalability and transparency, based on how data and applications evolve as the business grows and changes. It’s ongoing governance and training as more areas of the business have a say in running in the cloud. Insight simplifies the complex by managing a client’s entire cloud and edge ecosystem, uniting cloud and data strategy, software development, team support, pricing and lifecycle flexibility,” said Murphy.
Insight’s SAM managed services are delivered through a worldwide centre of excellence led by more than 100 cloud and software optimisation technical experts supporting global clients across regions. Insight assists in every step of the software management process, from procurement and financial operations to guiding clients through application modernisation as clients depend more on cloud and edge technologies to operate.
As companies morph their business to digital, Insight’s services also extend beyond traditional software asset management to consider cloud optimisation and DevOps via:
- Optimisation consulting aligning software strategy with business goals via services focused on improving consumption and commercial positions across both on-premises and cloud
- Comprehensive cloud strategy to drive growth and streamline systems through software estate governance, cloud management and Software-as-a-Service
- Insight Cloud Inform, Insight’s proprietary cloud-control solution to provide a continuous view of data and create actionable insights from multiple cloud instances through ready-to-use dashboards
- Business intelligence derived at the intelligent edge to optimise data, network usage, cloud storage and IT spending; also including Artificial Intelligence services, plus IoT implementation and ongoing services to procure and support IoT devices
- Managed It Support Services to track cloud usage, identify improvements, manage end-user and networking security, and provide remote technical support for infrastructure as well as all compute, network, storage and cloud products
- Insight’s procurement-based software managed services are bolstered by global reach and a vendor-agnostic approach, delivering:
- A myInsight global, self-service hardware procurement platform, product lifecycle services, and cloud products and management from Insight’s network of 6,000+ trusted partners to marry best-fit technology solutions to software applications
- Compliance and SAM-as-a-Service for software licenses from vendors of all sizes. License control and guidance through audits to improve technology lifecycle management, reclamation assignment and cost allocation
- SAM tooling, with ongoing monitoring and guidance, to automate many of the tasks required to maintain compliance with software licenses and report only the required information to publishers
Gartner Magic Quadrant reports are a culmination of rigorous, fact-based research in specific markets, providing a wide-angle view of the relative positions of the providers in markets where growth is high and provider differentiation is distinct. Providers are positioned into four quadrants: Leaders, Challengers, Visionaries and Niche Players. The research enables organisations to get the most from market analysis in alignment with their unique business and technology needs.
APAC: Athena Thompson
Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, APAC
+61 413 500 494
Insight was founded in 1988.
Insight Services AU (Ignia) founded in June 2000 in Perth WA
Global headquarters are in Tempe, Arizona.
We have operations in 20 countries.
We’re Microsoft’s largest global partner.
We offer support in 14 languages.